UPDATE: MGJ2015 at Benilde is closed for registration. Only those who were able to secure e-Tickets (Eventbrite) will be allowed access and participate in the game jam. We only have this site open (for jammer registration) for those who were able to secure e-Tickets but were unable to register as part jammer. Benilde venue has a no e-Ticket no participation policy.
-- Notes below for those who were able to secure e-Tickets --
Manila Game Jam 2015 @ Benilde, this is the fourth (4th) straight time that De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde will be hosting the Manila Leg of the Global Game Jam. Making it the longest running institution in the Philippines to host the event.
The event is open to everyone who wants to be part of the Manila Game Jam 2015 @ Benilde (professionals, hobbyists, students [even non-DLS-CSB], etc.)
Very Important Reminders for participants: (required reading!)
- De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde (DLS-CSB) is besides the LRT Vito Cruz station and across De La Salle University. Fastest way to the venue is to take the LRT to Vito Cruz. The exact venue for the jam is the Augusto-Rosario Gonzalez (ARG) Theater 5th Floor Solomon Hall.
- The event is open to everyone (professionals, hobbyist, and students) - this is NOT a DLS-CSB exclusive event and is open to non-CSB student and personnel. (we continuously get inquiries about this)
- We advise (encourage) jammers to not have pre-made teams and be open to teaming-up with people from different institutions and back ground, a ground rule however that the DLS-CSB organizers will implement is to limit the group sizes to a maximum of 5 members per group and a minimum of 2 (go around and make friends). At maximum we will only accomodate 300 jammers.
- Important Requirement for Jammers:
- Jammers must secure an e-Ticket through the Manila Game Jam 2015 @ Benilde EventBrite Page (). The e-Ticket must be printed and presented to GUILD officers / registration personnel at De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde (Front Gate) on January 23, 2015 (3:30PM) - during the registration period. No e-Ticket no entry policy.
- Jammers must register in the Manila Game Jam 2015 @ Benilde Global Game Jam Site (this web site). Jammers can not switch venue / jam site.
- This is individual registration - there is no group registration via the game jam site nor the EventBrite page.
- As part of DLS-CSB Security Policy - walk-ins for this event will not be allowed. Registration for Manila Game Jam 2015 @ Benilde will lock on Jan. 4, 2015 at 11:30PM.
- Participants are expected to bring a valid ID, their own laptops / machines and extension cords. DLS-CSB venue will implement a strict policy of "no laptop / pc connected to an electricity node" - we will have limited electricity nodes and would like to ask the participants to do their part and bring their extension cords and not hog an electricity node. We want everyone to enjoy and be part of the jam - thus only extension cords will be allowed to connect directly to the supplied electricity nodes.
- IT Peripherals should be clearly indicated during the e-Ticket registration. It is advised that participants should have a back-up print-out of all laptops, gadgets that will be brought in DLS-CSB premises. The document should item gadgets / IT peripherals that you will be bringing in the campus. Indicate serial number/s, brand and make (color) and gadget type.
- There is an active Wifi during the Jam but particpants are advised to bring their own post-paid / pre-paid internet dongles as a back-up.
- Participants are required to wear their Jam ID's at all times. ID's will be issued during registration period on Jan. 23 (see schedule below)
- Participants are expected to abide to DLS-CSB house rules (to be explained during the 1st day of the Game Jam).
- Particpants are to coordinate with the Marshalls regarding health concerns.
- Brunch and Dinner will be served during the event. There are also plenty of establishments around the area to buy food.
- Bring toiletries and change of clothes for the event duration. Bathrooms / shower rooms are located at the floor above the ARG Theater just ask the marshals for directions / assistance.
- Tobacco / Cigarettes (including electronic cigarettes) as well as alchololic beverages are prohibited. Smokers who want to take a smoking break are advised to go off-campus. Security / marshalls will also not allow intoxicated particapants to continue to be part of Manila Game Jam 2015 @ Benilde.
- For those not staying in campus during jam, DLS-CSB is implementing a curfew of 9:30PM (for security reasons). That means if you plan to go home and rest you need to leave campus premises on or before the curfew time. No one will be allowed to go in or out of campus come curfew. The campus will be open for you guys by 6AM.
- Participants are required to do their games in the venue (ARG Theater). Those who will be going home (to rest) must be in DLS-CSB (ARG Theater) premises by 9AM to continue with the jam. (This rule is to prohibit participants being part of the jam during the first day, then skipping the entire second day and re-joining the jam on the 3rd day just to submit an entry. As much as it is a competition the spirit of the jam is being part of an event with fellow jammers and not simply creating a game for a prize / trophy).
- DLS-CSB students will need to submit the Letter of Permission () to the GDD Office on or before Jan. 14, 2014 (noon). None submission may result to non-inclusion to the event.
- Minors (non-DLS-CSB students) should have a letter of consent from their parents regarding participating in "Manila Game Jam 2015 @ Benilde". Parental consent should include parents contact information and other pertinent information that the organizers might need to know. Consent letter should be submitted along with the e-Ticket print-out on Jan. 23 during registration (see schedule below)
A Pre-Manila Game Jam 2015 Event date and venue will be announced by IGDA-Manila.
What is the typical day to day schedule for the Manila Game Jam?
Day 1 – Arrival (Jan. 23, 2014)
* Group forming
3:30pm - Registration (presentation of e-Ticket and getting of event ID)
5:00pm - Opening remarks and Keynote
6:00pm - Theme is revealed; people are grouped into clusters to start brainstorming for Pitches
7:00pm - Dinner and socializing
8:00pm - Pitches by clusters, groupings and work preparation
9:30pm - Participants are either asked to go home or stay in location. Work can proceed, but it is not mandatory
Day 2 – Work (Jan. 24, 2014)
* Continue working on game builds through-out the day
* Those who went home must be back at the venue by 9:00am
9:00am - Brunch
11:00am - Deadline to create user profile and game page (global game jam site)
7:00pm - Dinner
9:30pm - Participants are either asked to go home or stay in location until morning. Traditionally, people stay overnight to finish their games.
Day 3 – Work (Jan. 25, 2014)
* Submission of game build by 3:00pm (strickly enforced)
8:00am-2:00pm Final touches on work. Brunch is served
3:00pm - Games are submitted (Deadline) to the Global Game Jam site.
3:00pm-3:30pm - Breaktime and Preparation for Judging and Presentation
3:30pm-5:30pm - Presentation
5:30pm-6:00pm - Judging and Awarding ceremonies
6:00pm-7:30pm - Game Jam After Party at Greenway (Salo-salo style), not mandatory
- Manila Game Jam 2015 @ Benilde is an annual event hosted by DLS-CSB's SMIT-Game Design and Development Program.
- DLS-CSB is one of the venues for the Philippine Leg of Global Game Jam 2015